Thursday 4 March 2010

My First Post!

Well, this is my first foray into sharing my ego with the outside world and what better way to do that than to show off the prototype of my first Vic:




It's not the prettiest in the world but it's got a custom made badge!


Only the external aesthetics are taken care off. I have cut a slot for Vic sized carts, sprayed the case satin black, cleaned the C64 keys with Retr0bright, modded an old Vic keyboard (it's travel felt more positive) to fit the case and, finally, added a green power LED).  I have added a built-in uIEC... ;)



Over the next couple of weeks I'll get into the guts of it a little more and move things around a little. Priority number one is to move the PSU socket to the back of the casing. It's always bugged me having a big, fat ugly lead sticking out of the side of such a lovely looking machine - so it's gotta go!




No comments:

Post a Comment